Our Commitment to Privacy
Your privacy is important to us. To better protect your privacy, we provide this policy explaining our on-line information practices and the choices you can make about the way your information is collected and used.
Along with our business and internal computer systems, this website is designed to comply with the following national and international legislation with regards to data protection and user privacy:
- UK Data Protection Act 1988 (DPA)
- EU General Data Protection Regulation 2018 (GDPR)
The Information We Collect
This Policy applies to all information collected or submitted on miXed Bournemouth (www.mixedbournemouth.co.uk). On some pages, you can make make requests, and register to receive materials. The types of personal information collected at these pages are:
- Email address
The Way We Use Information
We use return email addresses to answer the email we receive. Such addresses are not used for any other purpose and are not shared with outside parties. We undertake not to retain any of your personally identifiable data any longer than necessary. Data will be retained for the purposes already mentioned in this policy until such time as it becomes no longer valid or you specifically request its removal.
We have a sign-up form provided by Mailchimp that allows people to subscribe to our newsletter mailing list. Details of this are below. A link to unsubscribe from our mailing list is provided in all our newsletter mailings.
Finally, we never use or share the personally identifiable information provided to us online in ways unrelated to the ones described above without also providing you an opportunity to opt-out or otherwise prohibit such unrelated uses. We will always provide you with a simple way to later opt out later should you change your mind.
Personal information – what we collect and why
We collect and use personal information for the following reasons:
Like most websites, this site uses Google Analytics (GA) to track user interaction. We use this data to determine the number of people using our site, to better understand how they find and use our web pages and to see their journey through the website.
Although GA records data such as your geographical location, device, internet browser and operating system, none of this information personally identifies you to us. GA also records your computer’s IP address which could be used to personally identify you but Google do not grant us access to this. We consider Google to be a third-party data processor (see Third Party Processors below).
The legal basis for processing personal data
These are the legal bases under which we process your personal data, governed by the relevant legislation:
- For the performance of a contract with You or our Client
- For the purpose of furthering miXed Bournemouth legitimate interests including providing better products, services, and websites, to operate our websites other applications
- For marketing purposes where you opted in to receive marketing communications from us. We will process your personal data and provide you with marketing communications in line with the preferences you have provided.
Should you choose to contact us using the email links on our website, none of the data that you supply will be stored by this website or passed to / be processed by any of the third-party data processors defined in section below. Instead the data will be collated into an email and sent to us over the Simple Mail Transfer Protocol (SMTP). Our SMTP servers are protected by TLS (sometimes known as SSL) meaning that the email content is encrypted using SHA-2, 256-bit cryptography before being sent across the internet. The email content is then decrypted by our local computers and devices.
We will report any unlawful data breach of this website’s database or the database(s) of any of our third-party data processors to any and all relevant persons and authorities within 72 hours of the breach if it is apparent that personal data stored in an identifiable manner has been stolen.
This website uses the cookies for third party services from Google Analytics which install cookies to help us monitor our website’s usage and performance.
Cookies are also used for Google Maps and Twitter plugins.
None of the cookies contain personally identifiable information.
Our Third-Party Data Processors
The data controller of this website is: Mixed Bournemouth Ltd
whose registered office is:
1a Greaves Close, BH10 5EG Bournemouth
Our Commitment to Data Security
To prevent unauthorized access, maintain data accuracy, and ensure the correct use of information, we have put in place appropriate physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Our Commitment to Children’s Privacy
Protecting the privacy of the young is especially important. For that reason, we never collect or maintain information at our website from those we actually know are under 16.
How You Can Access or Correct Your Information
You can access all your personally identifiable information that we collect online and maintain by contacting us at email@example.com. To have your information removed from our system please contact firstname.lastname@example.org from the email used to originally make first contact with the site. We use this procedure to better safeguard your information.
To protect your privacy and security, we will also take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting access or making corrections.
How to Contact Us
Should you have other questions or concerns about these privacy policies, please call us at 01202 553581 or send us an email at email@example.com.
In the extremely unlikely event that you are dissatisfied with any way that we handle your data requests, you are able to raise your issue with the ICO.
Terms & Conditions
- The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
- All trademarks reproduced in this website which are not the property of, or licensed to, the operator are acknowledged on the website.
- Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
- From time to time this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
- Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of England and Wales.